Mesa, Arizona is a big, old city with an “everybody knows your name”, small town kinda vibe.
Here are 13 things only people who grew up in Mesa know:
1. The intense significance of Jackrabbits vs. Torros.
2. The joy of a 32 oz Dr. Pepper from M&M for 50 cents.
3. The non-secular meaning behind stickers that said “JEW”.
4. The go-to comfort of knowing there will always be someone hanging out at Sonic.
5. The lifeblood that is Matta’s salsa.
6. The sweaty excitement of a weekend show at Neckbeards.
7. The creamy delight of Goody’s fro-yo.
8. The musty scent of the dollar theater at Supersition Springs.
9. The adrenaline-filled process of getting ready for a giant dance party.
10. The icy goodness of a Bahama Rama Mama from Bahama Bucks.
11. The rise and fall of the Brimhall Bobcats.
12. The awkward evolution of a house party to kava party.
13. The surprising revelation that your group of friends are all related.
Leave me a comment and maybe I’ll make a part two.